Monday, September 01, 2008


Shrimpy
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Everything else went smoothly. By Friday I was able to head home to pickup Isabella and let her meet her little brother. The best way to describe the encounter was "stunned surprise". She had no idea of what to make of him and was hesitant to touch him. By 3:45pm Friday we were given the ok to take him home. Shockingly Isa attempted to swat him several times in the head with a toy or pillow. Despite El and I trying to make her understand previously about a new arrival I couldn't help but sense she felt threatened/jealous about Nicholas. Over the course of the weekend she did many things to garner attention (mostly negative). I felt awful about scolding her and making her cry, but I guess it's just a necessary step. I didn't want to be the bad guy and we even tried each spending time with her one-on-one with trips to the pet store, reading books together, even buying her a little musical keyboard to play with.

No comments: