Monday, September 01, 2008

Last year, Isa made an unexpected appearance one week early while I was out one night with friends celebrating my last night as a childless guy. Bravely, I considered going out again this past weekend playing it safe with an earlier time and no power drinking involved. Even that wasn't going to play out. At 5am Thursday morning El started complaining of some pains in her abdomen. Checking her time she was having contractions about 5-6 minutes apart. We couldn't tell if they were false, but it being one week out and our prior history of early delivery guaranteed I wasn't about to take any chances. I woke Ricky up and broke out of the house after gathering a few things. Unfortunately, El's contractions were getting shorter too quickly and I barely made it to Winter Park Hospital before rush hour traffic kicked in full swing at 7:30am. By the time we got into a delivery room the contractions were getting too intense and the nurse called for an epidural - too late it seems.

No comments: