Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy One Month, Nicholas!


Nicholas Gregorio
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Time seems to be going by so fast recently. I can't believe Nicholas is already a month old, but in that month I've seen him grow substantially. He's definitely chunked out a good bit. His cheeks are puffing out and his arms and legs are starting to get their little rolls in them. Unfortunately, he hasn't flipped his sleeping schedule yet and it'd be great if he could cut his mom some slack and allow her some shuteye in between feedings at night. I think one more month should do it, but damn it's catching up to us. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to try and get Isa used to sleeping in her bed. These past three nights she's been getting up at 4am-ish to crawl into bed with us and waking up again 730-ish to ask for milk. I even installed a bed rail last night so she wouldn't roll out of bed, but it only lasted so long before she was up again.

I have noticed, though, that letting him sleep in the crib in our room has helped some vs. the bassinet. He seems to sleep more contentedly during the first part of the night and El gets a ti-i-i-iny bit more sleep early on. Or maybe I've been getting used to his cries at night and sleeping thru more...

Either way my little boy is growing up fast. I reminisce about what it was like with Isa and have to remind myself that it gets easier as the the weeks go by. I'm just glad that we have him now and am just as excited about his "firsts" and finding out what kind of person he will become.

He may become an outgoing social butterfly, like his sister, who likes to make you laugh and is mischievous, but I like to think he'll be more like his namesake. His great grandfather Gregorio was a patient, caring man who enjoyed life and knew how to take things in stride. So far Nico has shown himself to be generally an easy baby to care for, but with a voracious appetite. He doesn't cry unnecessarily and seems to settle down quickly. And he has a nice shaped head.

Happy One Month, Nicholas!

No comments: