Monday, July 31, 2006

Some visitors from New York and Charleston


Chowing down
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
My Uncle Ernie called from Moscow while I was at work to let me know that they were planningon going to see my parent's in Charleston and do a quick impromptu vacation to Orlando. They had rented a condo in Kissimmee and were hanging out for a week to fish and relax. I was stoked cos I was hopefully going to be able to see my parent's finally.

Me and El made lots of preparations for a evening cookout, fishing trip and beach/boating at Cocoa Beach throughout the week intermingled with whatever plans they had. We both took a couple of days off to enjoy a nice long weekend. I've been getting hammered at work and anxious to take some time off.

Since we are expecting the baby El and I had no plans for an international trip this year. Kinda bummed about that, but I've been trying to be conservative with my time off to enjoy the month of December off and be with my new family. Needless to say, the constant work has been taking its toll on me.

I was hoping to make this visit as smooth and stressless as possible with some preplanning. We both needed some time to decompress and this was a perfect opportunity.

Sorry Derek you couldn't make it down. Damn your internship! Thanks Uncle Ernie for the hardcore Russian vodka, too. Me and El are gonna get hammered!

No comments: