Monday, July 10, 2006

The Money Pit


DSCN2713
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
This weekend was spent repairing/updating the boat. I opted out of putting in a CD player and speakers. My iPod and weatherproof Speakercase worked great last time. I never use the radios so it would have been a complete waste.

Anthony at Antonietti Marine is trading out a gps/fishfinder for a logo design for magnetic logos, decals, hats, shirts, etc. May not be top-of-the-line but it'll do. He's also sending me some small accessories/missing components for the boat and will keep an eye out for a seat back for the front cooler bench.

So far I managed to remove the cheesy looking vinyl boat maker stickers on the sides so I can redesign better looking ones and have my vendor at Triangle Repro output me some better, cleaner ones. I also ended up cleaning off the stainless steel railings and removing some of the rust stains on the boat. I also managed to attach the anchor roller mount.

The access hatch in the bow was missing a door so I made my way to Boater's World to pick up a new one. I thought it might be a quick repair, but ended up having to cut away at the fiberglass with my jigsaw to fit it in. Much much better. A quick rinse down and I called it a day. Hopefully later this week I'll be able to use the orbital waxer with a wax restorer.

No comments: