Monday, September 18, 2006

Surprise Baby Shower


CareNet Team
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
The girls at El's other job decided to throw her a surprise baby shower this past sunday. Linh emailed me a week prior to let me know their game plan. I was to come up with some way to get her out of the house and to the party without her knowing. I decided to come up with a half truth about someone wanting to buy my iMac. I was going to drive to this person's house to collect a down payment of $300. Simple enough and it worked like a charm.

Linh had called that afternoon to confirm that it was still on. An hour later we were there. After we rang the doorbell, someone answered, but didn't want to be seen. Suspicious - El did not want to go in so I had to basically push her into the apartment. SURPRISE!

She was completely thrown by my weak story and thus made the surprise even more of one. Such a fantastically nice gesture by her cowerks. Thanks to Tracy for hosting the party and Linh for organizing it. In addition to the nice baby gifts they also chipped in to get the Pack-n-Play portable playyard and the awesome looking mobile El had registered for. Such nice gals. Thanks again!

No comments: