Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Carl & Kristy's Rehearsal Dinner


Prom pose
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
Everytime El and I make it out to Charleston we try to maximize our town downtown. It's loaded with tons of fantastic restaurants, boutique shops and other things we've been craving to visit again - not to mention that I've been itching to do more photography out there. Some of the things I shot previously were on 35mm and unfortunately subject to negatives getting scratched or prints getting mangled over the years.

Today I was craving Sticky Fingers BBQ, a past client when I did design out in Charleston. They've got some of the BEST ribs and pulled pork I've ever had. El talked me out of going there since Carl and Kristy's rehearsal dinner was going to be some kind of cookout/bbq. Instead we opted for Vickery's.

This place is another past client who did an awesome Fried Oyster Caesar Salad and Black Bean Soup. This time around I knew El was craving their Lowcountry Seafood Sautee, a Carolina grits dish with shrimp, crab, and fried oysters in an awesome Cuban-inspired sauce.

Another thing I've been on the prowl for was a SC visor with the state flag on it and a polo. After I picked up my tuxedo I ended up at Carolina Moon where I scored the polo, but not the visor. Damn it!

The rehearsal came and went with no real problems. We worked out the kinks and everyone seemed pretty comfortable with the whole procession.. The rehearsal dinner itself was great fun. Complete with a slideshow presentation of Kristy and Carl. Nice job Kristy! I NEED that pic of Carl with his NKOTB haircut. Awesome. For dinner I was pleasantly surprised - STICKY FINGERS BBQ. It was all about gluttony at that point. Added bonus-one of the groomsmen gifts was the visor I've been searching for. Carl, you rule.

No comments: