Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Heart New York


I Heart NY
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
DAY 1

Last year for El's birthday I managed a decent New Year's Eve Party with some friends and family. How do I top it this year? Well let's see. How about spending a week in the Big Apple to see the ball drop on New Year's Eve?

El and I booked a room at the Sheraton New York and Towers well in advance. Centrally located it's within walking distance of just about everything - Broadway, 5th Ave, Grand Central Station, etc. I figured we were maybe 30 minutes walking from everything. I was wrong. More like a stone's throw.
After touching down at LaGuardia we caught a cab to the hotel, checked in and took our first exploratory jaunt into the city. Lunch was had at Tad's Grilled Steaks ($6.99!), our first hole-in-the-wall joint. Most spots featured $23 salads, but this little gem was a tasty steal. I don't know if it was cos we were hungry or it was really good or maybe both.

No comments: