Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Please Pass Me The Catchup...


catchup!
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
Wow. I haven't updated this in awhile. Can you believe that internet access in Spain was $20/day?!? That shit's insane. I decided to hold off on the postings while there until I got back stateside. I'm still trying to get organized as far as photos and putting my blogger in order from the trip. Lots of entries just haven't had time to post them yet. My apologies. Got some great pics and for those of you who were able to get the quicktime movie - hope you enjoyed it. I'll get it all posted this week...I promise. For now I offer...

The Top 10 Things About Spain...

Diez> Some of the red wines (Vino tinto, por favor!)
Nueve> Being able to somewhat speak and understand the language
Ocho> The great weather we had (high 50's at night / high 80's in the day with no humidity)
Siete> Cheap taxis
Seis> Awesome architecture (esp. those with Moorish influences)
Cinco> Pepe finding El's lost engagement ring after she dropped it on the bus the night before while trying to put on her new anniversary band I just gave her
Quatro> Peniscola, Barcelona and Madrid
Tres> Hot looking Spanish women (I've always been a sucker for dark hair and olive skin)
Dos> Awesome photography (the countryside is great)
Uno> Kick ass modern hotels

and, of course, for every action there is a reaction...

The Top 10 Worst Things About Spain...

Diez> The white wines - ick.
Nueve> Slow service
Ocho> Baroque anything
Siete> Everyone opens late, takes a siesta and closes early
Seis> SMALL twin size beds in the hotels (what is it with these Europeans anyways?)
Cinco> El losing her engagement ring on the bus right after I gave her her anniversary gift - a matching platinum antique band
Quatro> The weak ass dollar comapred to the Euro
Tres> Getting hit with a 24 hour bug that resulted in projectile vomitting
Dos> Everyone smokes everywhere, including dinner
Uno> Occassionally getting the universal Spanish response when they don't want to do something for you (Shoulder shrug with hands in the air and saying, "No hablo ingles)

So there you go! A brief recap of our anniversary trip. My freelance work is stacked up right now as I try to catch up. I guess when it rains, it pours.

Chris in SC - I've got the logo comps started and am currently refining them
Paula/Randal - The DVD art just has to be printed and collected
Teresa - Lots to do and will wait until you get me all the copy and details from your Food and Beverage Manager
Tiffani - Get back to me with the rest of the copy as well and what else you need for the wedding

Anyways, that's it for now until I get totally squared away with the journal. Soon. I promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Yeah...not penis-cola. Peh-niss-coh-lah! Kinda like how you would say Pensacola altogether. Dirty, dirty mind, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Would have thought Martha and her reclining chair disposition should have made it to the 10 worst aspects of Spain. For some anyhow!!

Lek said...

??? I don't get it?