Friday, December 12, 2008

That's It & That's All!


Christmas Shopping
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Talk about so much to do with so little time. The past couple of weeks after Thanksgiving has been frenetic for me at work. Not only has Golf Channel been waaay too busy for our small on-air graphics department, but I've got "bukkoo" freelance clients to take care of. I've barely had time to put up Christmas decor (no outdoor lights this year), sell my boat, keep up with the demands of the domestic life, much less shop for Christmas.

With TGC dropping one of the shows I've been working on (I spent a good part of the last two weeks staying at Golf Channel anywhere from 2am to 4:30am on most nights during this time) I said screw it and took today off to be with my family. Since El has started working at Florida Hospital on the weekends I haven't spent anytime with them. I barely see them in the morning (maybe an hour) and a few minutes at night when they are already asleep. Golf can go on a day without me.

Today I decided to be with them and start (and finish!) our Christmas shopping. After I took them to a brunch at Cracker Barrel to fuel up we spent the next 11 1/2 hours running errands, shopping for our families' gifts and stopping only for dinner break. Mom hung in there like a trooper, Nico was just happy to be slung to his mommy's chest for the most part, and Isa only had a couple of meltdowns when she finally had enough of sitting in shopping carts.

Overall it was a success. With just two more presents to get ( I already know what and where to get them) we are DONE. All that's left is to shoot our annual family photo for the Christmas card and El has the daunting task of wrapping EVERYTHING. Why push it so hard today? Because work will not slow down and while I know that I won't be able to enjoy the holiday season at least I know my family will.

Something has to change and/or get better for us. This is ridiculous.

2 comments:

XOsunnydaysXO said...

...lol...do you mean "beaucoup?"

french for "a lot." :)

silly ass.

Lek said...

yes yes technically it IS "beaucoup", but I took it out of text from the movie, Full Metal Jacket, where the asian hooker said "no boom-boom, soul brutha too bookoo" (or however the heck you spell that phonetics disaster)