Saturday, December 06, 2008

It's Been Busy

Yeah I know everyone is busy. This time around I REALLY meant it. Things at work have been busy. Freelance has been busy. Home has been busy. Since Nicholas' arrival a few months back it hit me how much more freedom to decompress I had when Isa got a little older and we only had one child to worry about.

Now that Isabella is walking, talking and CLIMBING it's proven to be a real challenge. Now with Nicholas in the fray needing attention every few hours my world has gotten significantly smaller. As with all things with time everything gets easier, but for now I'm more content just bitching a little.

One main thing El and I never get to do anymore is spontaneous trips anywhere. Everything has to be within a hop, skip and a jump away. Stick close to home base. So a few weeks ago I decided to make one up. After a quick call from a friend, Tommy Grimes, about where to go in Savannah a light bulb went off in my head. Savannah...

I miss the place. While it's not ideal for a young family looking to make their fame and fortune (unless your Paula Deen and her two sons) I do miss it. I combed over for a week to find a place to stay near Tybee or Downtown Savannah, but couldn't pull the trigger on where. I did want to say hi to Paula, Bobby and Jamie -it's been a long time since I called to say hi and even longer since we last saw each other (Crab House on Tybee was the last place when we made impromptu dinner plans). I also wanted to see SCAD again and see how it had changed. I REALLY wanted to reshoot some night photography I did as a student. For a weekend stay...sure why not?

But once again something got in the way of our plan. Thunderstorms heading south killed our plans, but I wasn't going to be so easily beaten. Instead El found a Japanese garden and museum called Morikami Museum in Boca Raton. It wasn't as far a drive and it was right by the beach. Good enough for me! We packed our bags that Friday morning and bounced out.

No comments: