Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ninang Jen Jen


Fare Thee Well
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
For a long time El and I were in a bind about who we were going to choose as Isabella's godparents. I guess it's more accurate to say that I was the one who was unsure of who to choose as a godfather. El was absolutely sure the Ninang was going to be Jennifer. She had been close friends with Jen since they were kids and always managed to stay in touch. She even makes plans usually twice a year to come to Orlando to stay a week or so. I was concerned about the Catholic Church giving us a hard time about her not being Catholic, but I agreed Jen totally deserved to be Isa's godmother. She's a great role model.

The one thing we were definite about was that she was going to only have one set. As far as godfather (or Ninong) I had a few candidates and was having a hard time deciding who to ask. Eventually it came down to my good buddy, Steve in Charleston, who coincidentally I'm the godfather of his eldest son.

No comments: