Wednesday, June 20, 2007

First Father's Day


Isa Mouse
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Today marked my first experience as a celebrant for Father's Day and I gotta tell you I kind of liked it. And it wasn't cos of the free golfball Wolfgang Puck's handed out to all the dads either.

I knew El and Isa would be up to something and it was more evident when El wouldn't leave me alone the night before as I played on the computer online with my older brother. "Are you going to bed yet? It's late and I don't want to sleep alone." I took these poorly executed, sly comments as my cue to go to bed and let her do her thing. It kind of felt like when my mom told us as kids to hit the sack or Santa wouldn't come.
Sure enough I awoke Sunday morning bright and early to find Eleanor missing from bed. I knew she was up to her old tricks, but I would be the gracious recipient and let her finish her preparations for my big day. Sure enough El woke me again at 8am to let me know the water cooler was leaking. I played hard to get. Then she tried nudging me to check on Isa. . Fine, fine I get it. I'll go "check on Isa".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

E,

Cute pic! Awesome cap on your other pic. I feel bad for Bailey Boing, nowhere to be found on this blog. He was demoted terribly. Hope things are well! Hi El and Isa! and Bailey Boing wherever you are.

Carl

XOsunnydaysXO said...

Very cute! Happy First Father's Day! I hope you enjoyed it; you deserve it...

My brother IS a good daddy!