Sunday, October 12, 2008


nap
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
I know Ellen worries about her mother living alone in Charleston, especially with her recent surgery and treatment. And it would solve the money issues with us working with daycare (which El and I both don't want) vs. a family member living with us (we'd be giving up privacy) to help watch the kids while we both worked. Sounds good on paper so it was a good experience to see how things went.

I usually felt guilty about El's mom just being home with no personal freedom (no car for her to use while she was here, having to watch kids all day all night, no friends to hang out with) so I did what I could to take everyone out periodically for a change of venue, eat out, shop, stretch out their legs. It is hard to get everyone's schedule together, go somewhere that's agreeable to everyone, etc. Her mom did her best to not infringe on anything, help with chores, and never complained about anything really, but I couldn't help wondering if she was happy herself. It's a huge imposition on her and the lifestyle she's gotten used to in Charleston.

No comments: