Monday, July 09, 2007


school
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Having been born in New London, Connecticut I imagined it to be cooler in the evenings so I was a little concerned that Isa might get cold. We were in for a shocker when we arrived. Our 2 1.2 hour flight went over pretty well. Isa had no problems with the pressure changes and slept thru some of it - only waking to be fed and changed. Once in Hartford International I was blasted by hot, humid air - worse than Orlando surprisingly. Supposedly it was freak weather. We'll see.

We rented out a Nissan Murano and made the 45 minute drive to New Haven. First impressions of Connecticut from the airport? Jen had mentioned that online it was described as one of the ugliest cities in the U.S. That was spot on. The city itself looked like it was past its industrial heydays and was coughing by to survive. Another thing I noticed on my drive is that the drivers there are waaay worse than in Orlando. Orlando's drivers make stupid decisions. In Hartford and New Haven they just don't give a f*ck. I felt right at home cursing out people and laying down the horn. Not quick enough we reached the Marriott Courtyard. I didn't realize that El had reserved our room right across from Yale University. Wow!

No comments: