Monday, July 09, 2007

Joe + Lalaine = Joelaine


Isa's first plane ride
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
June 29 on a Friday afternoon Lalaine and Joe decided to tie the knot. They met while she was a student in Connecticut and when she moved to San Fran to pursue her career he followed shortly. That must've been some foreshadowing cos a few years later we all met up in Connecticut to see them off on their new life together.

This was to be Isa's first plane ride so me and El were a little concerned about stories of babies and ear pressure changes. Plus the fact that El and I typically pack a bag each. What was it going to be like with Isa and what did we essentially need? The hell if I was going to haul 2 pieces of luggage, a stroller, a bassinet, my camera/video equipment and backpack of travel toiletries. I wanted to be prepared, but I didn't want to overpack which is typical of us in the past. Luckily, El called the Marriot ahead of time and confirmed that they would have a crib waiting for us there. To save my poor back we would have to use our largest suitcase and pack for 4 days for all of us - and stay under 50lbs. Local weather checks showed it to be sunny much like Florida so i was determined to be as comfortable as possible (shorts & t-shirts for me please).

No comments: