Sunday, April 26, 2009



Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
By Sunday Rick was packing up and I whipped up lunch of Blackened Steelhead Trout with Lemon Dill Butter, whipped sweet potato and sauteed veggies. I got Bailey a haircut and finished up my chores for the day and took Rick to the terminal for his overnight drive back to Atlanta. Afterwards, I met up with a buddy, James, in Winter Park to grab a bite and hang out. By Monday it was back to work and Ellen arrived home just as I got home from the office. She seemed pleasantly surprised by the clean house and moreso by the newly updated bedroom.

It was nice to see the kiddies again, who seemed to have a good time visiting their grandparents in SC. Apparently El had thrown a successful shower for her two sisters, the kids got to spend Easter with family and the drive went over well. I'll link her blog once she gets down to finishing it...if she does finish it. The gauntlet has been thrown down, El...

Although I didn't get to do all I had hoped to (who knew Ricky was such a little girl about getting on a boat?) it was still nice to "stretch out" and break out of my routine. I did miss everyone and it was a nice reminder about enjoying what we have available to us. This year is, hopefully, going to be a turning point for the family and I hope to indulge in the nearby (and not so nearby) attractions that surround us.

No comments: