Sunday, January 11, 2009

Promises, Promises

I'm not a resolution kind of guy, but this year I hope to make life better for us. Not in the sense that things are terrible, but rather simplifying things that can be. Less stress, more personal enjoyment, being smarter about the choices we make. Maybe I can chalk it up to having a family and more responsibility falling on our shoulders as parents. I could say it was this thing or that person or these problems, but no sense in crying over spilled milk. Let's just say last year was a long, hard lesson. I've always been a self reliant person and I made my own successes. My satisfaction has always been doing something well and seeing it pay off. I think in the last year I was more complacent about where I was - I hope to change that. I tried playing it safe and conservative, but that sh*t ain't happening. Cryptic right? Doesn't matter anymore. Here's a quick list of things to get done or set in motion for the future...

Renovate the kitchen
Fix the damn irrigation/yard
Sell the boat!
Lay down flooring in the attic
Getting more serious about opening my own business/Reevaluating my career choices
Pay off debts faster
Figuring out our next move/getting a larger house
Trim up and in-shape (everyone says this, right?)
Spend more time with family and friends
Give myself another "raise" with freelance (right, Ron?)

So there you are. I've thrown down the gauntlet at myself. So put out or get out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey E. Pin! What's up? Your old pal Frank from TGC. That's quite a list of to-do's. Start with one and then start knocking them off. I like the owning your own business. Don't let the man keep you down :)

Lek said...

Yeah man that's a big one. Speaking of which how's yours moving along? I assume your also now officially a married man now, right? Congrats!