Tuesday, January 06, 2009


Lola and Nico Boy
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
By Tuesday Joe and Ron arrived at the airport and I played the role of the driver at night so El could chill at home. Wednesday was a formality at this point. Half day at work to tidy up loose ended projects ( I was finishing small projects for other coworkers) and I said "adios" to everyone and left a little early. El's mom arrived this day so after I picked her up and thus Christmas Eve started. All through the week I helped prepare meals and was able to stretch my culinary legs. Little things at first. The Melanzane Sotto'olio recipe I swiped from a coworker. The delicious 15 bean soup I whipped up with country ham and bacon. And soon enough the main event...Christmas dinner. I steeled myself for the chaos I knew would kick in by picking up a bottle of Jack Daniels for myself to smooth out my rough edges.

Since Thanksgiving I indulged myself more often with my passion for cooking. Most people know that I hope to one day open up my own little bistro. The way I feel about cooking is very much how I felt when I first started doing graphic design - full of hope, excitement and the dreams of one day becoming successful at it.

No comments: