Tuesday, January 06, 2009

And In A Whirlwind Christmas is Over Just Like That...


Christmas Card 2008
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
All the planning, shopping (when I could), and EATING is all over for the holiday season. The Saturday prior to Christmas people slowly trickled in from all over. As more arrived and the pace started to pickup I could see my plans falling into place as I had hoped they would.

First Lalaine rolled in and it was a nice slow easy pace to start. Eleanor and her sister spent most of the time doing last minute shopping, hanging out and such. By Sunday I could feel my frenetic pace at work lurching to an almost complete stop. Everyone had pretty much left for the holidays. I was glad. For weeks I had been pushed to my limits staying countless nights at Golf Channel to push out some rushed show package or promo. And with my freelance still looming overhead I was consumed with work at home as well. I hardly had any time to ease into the holiday season and enjoy the cooling weather change, the holiday lights in the neighborhood or the shopping frenzy. Nope...for me Christmas simply got in my face at the very last moment.

The following Monday I was determined to no longer kill myself or stress out at work anymore. Sure a couple of other people had things hanging over their heads. Yeah I felt bad and even tried to help them as much as I could, but for now I was through. My hard work had paid off and I no longer felt obligated to worry about their problems. I started the week off by coming in at 8am and staying to 5pm - trying to live like a normal person I guess instead of my regular night shift til 10pm.

No comments: