Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What Am I? An Idiot?


pegboard
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Usually about this time of year El and I take a two week vacation somewhere fancy schmancy. This year, however, due to budgetary restraints and having an additional family member we (or I rather) decided to do something different.

It's virtually impossible for me to do any home improvement or take on any sort of long project that can't be completed in a couple of hours or days. It's part of the reason why I actually hired a landscaper recently to do our yard makeover - a job that once a year only required me and El two to three days to do ourselves.

I had set my sights on redoing the pig sty called "the garage" for quite some time. I knew I wanted to seal and redo the floor, but with the tangle of powertools, lawn equipment, sporting goods and assortment of other heavy items I knew it would require some planning. The WHITE walls had taken a beating over the course of 5 years and needed some fresh paint. I've always hated that a single 40 watt bulb was my only light source as the sun set and wanted something brighter without tacking on more to my electric bill. Over the years my collection of Bob Villa tools had really started to amass and El despised everything literally piled on top of each other in there. She even purchased sets of plastic tupperware cases to sort the various items (electronics, light bulbs, screws and nails, etc), but it eventually became a losing situation.

No comments: