Tuesday, October 02, 2007


IMG_3218
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
By Wednesday morning we were on the road to Charleston. Once we were there I took the night off to chill with Isa's grandparents. The next day my father and I went to price out and buy his tiles. Once selected I wanted to clear out the patio, but he wanted to rest. ok. The NEXT day was spent clearing out and pressure washing
it. Every three years he would reinstall a new outdoor carpet to the patio and every three years it would be disgusting. Even more so because their damn dog uses it as its personal toilet. I was determined to permanently enhance the look of their house while avoiding having the front patio smell like a urinal anymore.

It took about three more days to cut and lay the tile and let it cure. I would say I did my fair share of sweating my ass off. My father hasn't had the strength or stamina since his bypass to handle hard labor like he used to so I've taken it upon myself to do what I can to handle whatever needs done. Over the recent years I've given my father choice powertools as gifts vs the standard tie or shirt - I figured it would help make his life a little easier. Once the tile was laid El and I took it for the team and grouted it with my dad. I'll leave the sealing to him.

No comments: