Tuesday, October 02, 2007


garage
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
First, my garage...

I actually started a week before my vacation to get the jump on the beast of a project. I figured I could have more fun in SC if I actually finished it before I had took time off from work. I ended up removing everything from the garage to the back patio and cleaning the hell out of the floors. The whole area was swept and all oil spots removed with mineral spirits and then hosed off. Rinse and repeat. Rain delays extended my cleaning and prepping time by 4 days. Once dry enough I could actually paint the floor with Rustoleum's Garage Floor Paint. Once that dried I took the time to install two florescent worklights in the ceiling. By the time my vacation actually started I was able to finally patch and paint the walls and trim. Lastly, I purchased four 7' x 4' cabinets to sort through the riff raff of guy shit. This last part was more of a bitch than I guessed it would be.

No comments: