Wednesday, November 15, 2006


A Poop and A Smile.
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
***NEWS FLASH***
For three days we had been concerned that Isabella had not had a decent poop at all. We knew this was crucial to her body kickstarting itself and I was starting to panic and telling El we needed to call the pediatrician today. She had been crying all day and night for the past three days. By lunch El decided to take a long shower and relax. Meanwhile, Isa had finally been coaxed into a nice quiet nap in her new crib when she started to cry out. Was she hungry AGAIN? Did she wet herself? Was she hot? Nope. She pooped. A quick check in the diapers checked out to be a huge, blacky sticky mess and I couldn't have been any happier. Once again, most people would think it's gross until it's actually one of your own kids and you fully appreciate it and not wig out.

I was so happy I wasn't afraid to get my hands dirty and her cleaned up and in new clothes. A quick dance around the den with my little girl and waltz into the bedroom to inform mom that we didn't need to cal the doctors anymore. And in true comic timing she pooped again. "Thanks for the poop, Isa! You're making me happy!"

She sleeps better now. Eats only every 2-3 hours instead of every 45 minutes to an hour. She doesn't cry as much. And she generally seems much more comfortable. I love her.

No comments: