Friday, August 05, 2005

Goose's Crack Reunion


IMG_0064
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
This past weekend we decided to head back to Charleston for a a short visit. It was my mother's birthday earlier in the week and my father's in the upcoming week. Plus, David and Cheryl were coming down from Maryland for
a visit. Since we haven't seen them in maybe three years it was a good time to catch up with everyone.

We left Friday after work and arrived at Cher and Kevin's crib around 2:30am thru hard rain and heavy rush hour traffic in Orlando. We wanted to make the most of our stay so we decided to leave Monday morning to maximize hang time.

Saturday we had lunch at my folk's place and took them out shopping near Mt. Pleasant for their birthday gifts. Afterwards, we had dessert at the local Marble Slab Creamery - mmmmm...Then it was off again to race out to Summerville and hook up with the old crew at Marc and Crystal's new casa for a cookout. Food was good, beer was cold and I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em Poker.

Now I've never played in my life, but everyone was a good sport about it since I wasn't the only one foreign to the game. Apparently, Dave and Cheryl are well experienced in taking money so they took the time to teach us lesser informed. Plus, to boot, I ran into Jose from Vegas after a 6(or is it 7?) year hiatus and Phillip (sporting his World Poker Championship tee shirt). Marc, Marvin, Jeff and Jason rounded out the rest of the players. Like I said - I don't know sh*t about playing poker - and I got my ass handed to me fairly quickly in our practice round. Once the money came into play I struggled a bit and held my own as I continued to learn the nuances of the game. After 5 1/2 hours of play (2:30am AGAIN) I took home the money. HA! Not to shabby for a first timer. Must've been beginner's luck.

No comments: