Tuesday, January 18, 2005

New Year's Eve / Birthday Bash for El


Invite2
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.


Yup El is a New Year's Eve baby. Speaking with friends and family recently on different occasions I realized how out of touch we are with everyone. So many things have happened with our barkada that before we knew it we all got so involved in everyday living that we never stay in touch as much as we'd like. Family illnesses, new births, masters degrees, career choices, and new homes pushed all of us apart even more. I decided that it was time to try and get together as best we could to toast off the past year and bring in the new one.

When was a better time than to have a small reunion than New Year's Eve and Eleanor's birthday? She certainly deserved it. El works doggedly and needed some time off to enjoy her holiday. I sent out an informal invitation around the country and tried my best to pull people away from their routine to fly out (or drive out) to Orlando for a get together.

Despite my best efforts, only less than half could break away to join in the festivities. Nevertheless, El had a great time and maybe some of these pictures will entice the crew for the next go around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lek,

Maraming salamat for everything that weekend! Kristie and I had a wonderful time hanging out with everybody. I have not seen you and El for a long time. I would like to give you a warm big of applause for doing such a great job for hosting, decorating, and cooking for El's b-day. She deserves it and she's lucky to have you!

I would like to this this again in the future. If it's okay for everybody (we'll give a year notice!)

Love you all!
Pele

Anonymous said...

Carlito - glad you two could make it! You work too hard! I know it's true if you're trying to clean my house, too (Although the thought was appreciated!). Hey man - the fireworks aren't going anywhere...