Monday, December 06, 2004

One down...

...six more to go!

After the hurricanes there seemed to be an endless list of "to-do's" with the house. First and foremost was definitely going to be repairing my poor fence. After the storms posts were either snapped in half or bent downward. The entire thing had to be taken down and redone. I was able to take it down myself (heavy!), but once the reposting began it was ddefinitely the work of two men. Luckily, my buddy, Ed, offered one weekend to help out. Props to him! In four hours we managed to redo the entire left side of the house. Not bad considering it was our first time doing it and we had worked out a nice system that made it run smoothly.

This past weekend another buddy, Brian (aka Rick James, BITCH!), came over to help a brutha out so we could bang out the other side as well. Whew! What a load off my shoulders. Now I could concentrate on the other FIVE OR SIX projects to do outside. Bailey certainly appreciated it - he hadn't been able to run around without a leash for about two months. He spent the remainder of Sunday lounging in the grass as the sun dipped while I hammered on patch boards to fill gaps where they had flown off during the storms.

All that remains left to do is reshingle the roof (I'll get contractors to do this); repair, primer and paint the exterior the outside of the house (I can do this I think); landscape (Professionally-El's Christmas wish believe it or not); wire and mount two new light fixtures outside of the garage; redesign the toy/computer room and other various oddds and ends. Woo-hoo!
I did manage to install new chandeliers in the dining room and foyer a week ago, though. Yay!

No comments: