Friday, October 01, 2004

Land of the Rising Sun


Land of the Rising Sun
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
The countdown begins. I've got less than four hours to go before I get the hell outta dodge and head on out to LA first to see my cousin, Cheech, and then me and El roll out to the Far East and visit the Land of the Rising Sun.

Every year we manage to head out somewhere to celebrate our anniversary. Our parents were the old school types who believed work hard and save your money for your retirement. THEN travel. But why would you travel when your aches and pains always bother you and get tired easily and ...

Our first trip for our anniversary we went to Italy. We still about that one to this day. INCREDIBLE. Great weather, great food, beautiful sights, friendly people. If you ever get a chance I highly recommend it.

The following year we went to Hawaii. Another great choice. But we went on a cruise for it. Never again. You never get to really explore the islands like you'd think. It wasn't until we rented a Jeep Wrangler the last few days and drove thru the island did we really appreciate it.

Because of all the 9/11 drama we wanted to stay domestic and the following year we decided to keep it simple and see the West Coast. Plus Cheech (Luis to everyone else) got married and it was a great excuse to go to Vegas and see a good friend and his family in San Diego. I'd definitely move there.

BUT this year we are back on the international travel kick. So Japan it is! So much work here at the office, but it's not much to ask for to see this country. I really dig their history and culture. Again, I look forward to the photography. If I remember to do it I'll post a link to Shutterfly.com to our pics from trips.

It's too bad we don't have the funds or the time for a quick jaunt to the Philippines. I'm sad that we won't be able to celebrate my sweet grandma's 91st birthday (Lola!). But I sent a little something overseas to her and some well wishes.

Anyways, I'll see you guys on the flip side. Peace and the Far East!

Lek

No comments: