Sunday, October 03, 2004

Give Kids The World


Give Kids The World
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
Eventhough I knew I was cutting it close I had committed to do my yearly visit to Give Kids The World. What is it? An incredible non-profit theme park dedicated to making terminally ill children forget they are ill basically. The Golf Channelhas made GKTW their BIG charity event each year in addition to the smaller events. A good part of the company signs up to do crafts projects, maintenance or decor. My job this year? PHOTOGRAPHS. Last year I managed to take some decent documentation photos along with the camera crew for our PR department, but I also made copies for GKTW's PR department. Apparently I did something right and they loved it. I know I know. Pretty miniscule compared to what my co-werks did, toiling in the hot sun, but I felt good about what I was doing. Trust me, I always catch hell from them with commentary like "Hey is that camera getting heavy yet?". It's all good.

Today me and El were up bright and early at 5:00 am to kick off our trip. Woo hoo! First stop is LA. I managed to get us a sweet suite at the Loews Beverly Hills just for the hell of it - it's vacay!

No comments: