Monday, June 29, 2009

Bunny's Adventure

That Isa Pisa will never learn not to bring Bunny with her on trips. By sheer luck and Daddy running around trying to get the kids to their latest doctor's appointment in MetroWest Isa snuck her beloved Bunny into the car and into the doctor's office without me noticing. At least I didn't notice until we were already there. And, of course, she forgot it sitting on a bench or the floor during Nico's checkup. It wasn't until alter that evening before bed that she "couldn't find Bunny". Backtracking I remembered seeing it last at the pediatrician's - she insisted it must still be in the SUV. Tired already from rushing around I wasn't jumping thru hoops to rush and retrieve him. I had to make up some cockamamie story about how she left him and he was crying and sitting alone at the doctor's in the dark - he'd have to make his way home on the mean streets of Orlando!

At lunch today I drove out to get her precious Bunny, whom she kept asking for all weekend. I thought it might build some excitement for her as I kept texting her mom "snapshots" of Bunny making his way home. First, it was leaving the pediatrician's to get to a bus stop, which he rode all the way to daddy's office. Then he had to make the trek in the hot sun stopping momentarily to get a drink and sit in some shade. Afterwards, he chilled at daddy's office in some A/C to catch a ride the rest of the way home. And lastly. in the safety of his bed waiting for his absent-minded pal, Isa.

That Isa...

No comments: