Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Precious...


My Precious...
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
My baby (no my other baby, my boat) has been out of service since last September. I haven't had time to take it out for a cruise so I let Mike at Heinmiller Marine Services take it for a week to take care of things I've been meaning to but just haven't had time to. Ever since I took my father and Uncle Ernie out to fish last summer at Cape Canaveral the reverse has been shot when they jammed it into gear hard - twice! Plus, I never got around to installing my VHF radio in it. I also managed to pick up a set of submersible LED trailer lights that should save me the hassle of having to replace popped bulbs whenever I forget to unplug the harness before I back it up into the water. I decided to also do the seasonal maintenance of checking the lower unit, filters, etc. Because it sat in storage for so long the tires rotted out so I had them replaced with new ones. I also took a few minutes to install a new jack stand for the boat since the original was shot to shit. And the icing on the cake will be the detailing job of a nice wash and wax. By the end of this week I look forward to picking it up and possibly taking it for a spin at Moss Park or Lake Toho. Aaaaah my precious...

No comments: