Saturday, November 26, 2005

Black Friday Kicks Ass


Black Friday Kicks Ass
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
Man I hate Black Friday. People are out in droves and El and I were determined to stay the hell outta the way. The only places we braved were Target and Lowes to check out the Christmas Trees and take one home to begin our Christmas holiday.

But who can go to Target without looking around? We did a quick run-through at the holiday decorations and left without making too many purchases - poinsettias, some small bulbs for the tree, etc. People looked like zombies walking between aisles too transfixed to pay attention to other customers, thus blocking aisles or pushing through without so much as an "excuse me". With purchases in hand we got out as quick as possible through the garden section.

Once at Lowe's we found what we were looking for. We picked up an eight-foot Frasier Fir (aaah the smell of a fresh tree!), although I was really pushing for a ten-footer to make the most of our high ceilings. Next year I guess. We immediately got home to unpack our decor and start dressing the tree. Woo hoo! All in all we made out mostly unscathed.

I can't say the same for some who went to the superstores to drop cash on their $200 Kinyo laptop computer or $29 Apex DVD player - I mean don't get into a scuffle over some P.O.S. hardware...

No comments: