Thursday, June 18, 2009

24 Hour Pharmacy My Ass...


Sick Nico
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
I can count about 4-5 CVS Pharmacys in a 2 mile radius around our house that opened within the last year or so (an that's not including the 3 Walgreens directly across the street from them). Two of which are 24 hour locations. 24 hour my ass. Glad to see that CVS has dumped millions of dollars into opening so many stinking locations near us and aren't even available when you really need them. Hey CVS how are all your layoffs going? I'm sure the money wasted opening all those useless locations are really making your shareholders really happy.

Some pitiful high school kids are sitting in there right now doing absolutely nothing while getting paid minimum wage to ring up the one drunk a$$hole that shows up for his cigarettes, Rockstar energy drink and Doritoes at 3:30 am. Way to go CVS for the poor money and time mismanagement.

Once again my little boy has a fever from a respiratory infection from his crappy daycare. I had to leave work early at rush hour, drive past downtown, pick him up and his sister, drive all the way to the doctor's office in Metrowest, leave an hour later to drive thru a hard thunderstorm to let my parents in the house who drove down from SC to visit, treat my son with the nebulizer every 4 hours throughout the night and get up at 4am to refill his samples from the doctor before he had to go back for his appointment at 1:45pm only to find out that the 24 hour CVS Pharmacy is CLOSED until 8am. You dickheads.

Don't mind me. I'm just tired and cranky.

•UPDATE•

We got back from his 2nd doctor's appointment ...What was supposed to be a nice Father's Day weekend was quickly interrupted by Nico's unfortunate bout with Influenza A or as the doctor put it "flu season is over so it's safe to say it's Swine Flu." The doctor said the CDC has loosened up their belt on submitting samples for swine flu testing.Treatments for both types of flu are the same and he seems to be making a turn for the better after his steroid shot. After about 2 1/2 days his fever has broken and he has gotten much of his appetite back, although he still has the nasty, wet cough that we can't seem to shake despite our best efforts with the nebulizer every 4 hours. We're both pretty exhausted.

Eleanor (thankfully and unfortunately) had to cancel her trip to Connecticut to see her sister's new baby girl, Mia. Sorry Lalaine and Joe. We had to eat the cost of much of the plane ticket - even with a medical emergency such as this it's nice to know that the airlines still have their hands out for money. Also, we had to eat the cost of about $350 of medications for Tamiflu and my parents were forced to go back to SC after only two days because of dad's heart condition - if he caught the flu it would be doubly hard for him to recover well from it. So sorry mom and dad. I know it was a tough decision to leave, but it really was for the best. I wish we could've spent more time together.

Our planned trip to SIlver Springs and the Sunday cookout is obviously cancelled. The biggest news now is that Eleanor and I have decided to cancel the kids daycare. It just isn't worth it to see Nicholas so sick all the time. We'll just have to tighten the financial belt even more as El will be forced to go back to being part-time at the hospital. Tomorrow I pick up their belongings at the daycare. Good riddance!

I just hope we get good news from the doctor tomorrow afternoon about Nico's condition.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya.

Just like in Walmart's "self-check outs," they are all closed. WTF!

I hope all is well. I hope that they will feel better soon!

Love you guys!

Carl =)

Lek said...

Thanks Carl! Isa is feeling much better and Nico Boy is getting there slowly but surely. Fever is gone and his appetite is back. What's up with you my egg goat? Hope you and the missus are doing well. Saw some old pics yesterday with you guys in it. Aaah reminisce...

Angela Wheaten said...

Oh Erick, I am sorry to hear little Nico is so sick. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and I totally understand your work/daycare situation. Hang in there!

Lek said...

Hi Angela! Thanks! Good news is that he broke his fever 2 or 3 days later and got his appetite back. Sleeps better and his breathing sounds better, although he still has kind of a cough. Even better...he STOOD UP yesterday. Whoa! That doesn't sound like a sick kid to me! Hope you and little man Ray are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm reading this a month later and assuming he is all better now! I hope so anyway!