Monday, March 09, 2009

And It's Off To Daycare...


See Ya Dad!
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
The trigger was pulled this week. After almost 2 1/2 years we, out of necessity, put the two kids into daycare two days out of the week so El could pick up a couple of extra shifts each week. My boss, Al, (along with a team hit by James) allowed me to shift my schedule somewhat during the week to pick them up at nights. The choice of places we could go to was very limited since we needed a place that was open later.

Children's Academy at Loch Haven, luckily, was open til 8pm. Too bad it was quite the drive off (about 45 minutes one way). Since El's shift started at 7am and ended (typically) 7:30pm to 9:00pm it was mostly up to me to drive them early in the morning and pick them up at night. Quite the task when you have to get up much earlier than I was used to to wake up, feed, change, pack and dress 2 kids and myself and still make it to work at 10am after driving them there thru downtown traffic.

This was week one and El and I both were nervous about how the kids would take it. Ideally we wanted to put the kids in daycare when they got a little older. I wasn't so worried about Nicholas since he was just a baby. Isabella was a different story. I imagined, eventhough she recently became more social with other kids, that she would want to go home to her toys and all things familiar to her. We couldn't sleep.

No comments: