Friday, November 16, 2007

First REAL Animation...

As odd as this may seem I'm posting about WORK. After finally getting out of the print department at work I moved into the realm of animation. HUGE leap here. Sure I was green and totally unskilled at my new gig as an animator, but the boys in the department gave me a crash course in TV 101 - props to Al for taking the chance and also to Hughes for taking the time.

I spent a btter part of a year to learn the in's and out's of broadcast through the nightly babysitting of the live shows (Golf Central, Sprint Pre/Post Game, Updates, etc. Here and there I did odds and ends for the different departments and learning the equipment. For awhile I started to get a little bored with the work, although it was a much needed exercise. Then Al did it to me...he threw a promo at me to get my feet wet. Sadly this first promo lacked any real direction or concept from the producer and it showed in the final promo. I did learn a good deal about putting together something for tv, but the hard way. Frustrated, but not wanting to lose focus I saddled up for the next promo. Mike gave me a little push as far as what he wanted and I took to it like a fish to water.

HUGE difference here. I totally got into the promo for the little known golf tournament and it showed. I got some props for it, including from the president of the company I came to find out later on in his creative meeting. So here it is (slightly compressed) in all its Kung Fu Theater Sunday glory. I took the liberty of using some of my print skill to manually draw details onto the players and give it that old school cheesy martial arts asian movie poster look to it, Enjoy!

2 comments:

ha1ku said...

Hey, it's great! Job well done!

XOsunnydaysXO said...

Cool!