Monday, July 31, 2006


The after effects
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
The food turned out pretty good. I'm slowly improving on my beef kebob techniques. I've been grilling the marinated beef separately from the veggie sand bamboo sticks to sear them and keep them tender. After a few minutes on the grill we then stick them with pineapple, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and gril them again to get everything else that nice charred flavor.

Even the shrimps we marinated with the leftover from the beef turned out great. The marinade was something new I tried with orange juice, pineapple juice, worchestershire, salt, pepper, sweet pepper chipotle, garlic and olive oil.

People were topping the salad (romaine, pickled beet, roma tomato, sweet Vidalia onion, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, mushrooms and olives and a ginger soy vinaigrette) with the grilled shrimp. Awesome.

Also grilled up huge fillets of Mahi Mahi I caught off the coast of Charleston with a simple lemon, oilve oil, salt, pepper and garlic seasoning. Very meaty almost like chicken.

Lastly I had cut up some cold, seedless watermelon for dessert. The food turned out fantastic and I hope everyone enjoyed it. Uncle Ernie and I popped open a couple bottles of Cabernet that he brought in from NY and a Mondavi I bought here.

Chilling outside at night, tiki torches lit, no mosquitoes, lots of laughing and some relaxing summer music helped make the evening very relaxing and a nice start for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Food Network Show. You'll have to cook for us one day. You're making me hungry...