Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thanks Easter Bunny! Bok! Bok!

So it was Easter Weekend. Every Friday since about two years ago I had been pretty good about eating fish for lunch and dinner, but what have I given up for Lent? How about "trying"? Just kidding. El and I have been very busy in more ways than one. ;)

With Steve and family coming down for a weekend next week, I was pretty busy with preperations. Lots of landscaping and home maintenance, freelance design work and such have consumed me for the past few months. This weekend was all about relaxing and being outside.

Saturday afternoon Paul and I decided to drive up to Tommy and Lyndsey's to help them move into their new house. Congrats guys! Afterwards, I was wiped out!

A quick nap later I was back outside planting and working on getting my patio into cookout condition.

Sunday, El and I got up early to make it to church in Kissimmee and see Jenny and Joe Lamy do their thing with the choir. The church itself and the choir are very impressive. I've been to quite a few different churches and Mary Queen of the Universe, despite it's kooky name, is one of the best I've been to. Designed with the Florida tourist in mind, there is no real local congregation, but it never fails to draw a HUGE crowd even on regular Sundays.

Afterwards, we had a nice brunch outside at the Market Street Cafe in Celebration and then off to pick up more plants for our landscaping project. We worked well after sundown and spent the evening in the backyard chilling outside (72 degrees with a breeze!) listening to some music.

Not bad overall, for an Easter Weekend. Hope yours was just as productive, yet relaxing as mine.

3 comments:

XOsunnydaysXO said...

YeeHaaa!! ;)

XOsunnydaysXO said...

YeeHaaa!! ;)

Anonymous said...

OOH, we were in your blog! We were in your blog!!