Monday, April 24, 2006

Set the Oven to 350˚ and Place Bun Inside...


TheBun
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
It had been a hard week and El and I decided to have dinner out that Sunday night. She had been craving sushi so we went to our favorite spot near home, Shiso Sushi. After dinner she mentioned again that she was late for her period.

Now this in itself is not necessarily abnormal. It's happened before and she always jumped the gun and bought an EPT test to see if she had "A Bun in the Oven". It always ended up being negative and her upset. She really wants to have a baby. With the EPT she said she would get a more accurate response in the morning vs. that evening so we waited.

Forward now to about 330am Monday...

I hear a scream in the middle of the night and awaken startled by the sudden outburst. Groggily I look at the clock and then to the sliver of light coming out from the crack of the bathroom door. I know what's coming next.

Immediately I see the door swing open and El run out and jump on top of me "OOF!". What can a guy do? I'm happy for her. If anyone deserves a chance to be a great mother, it's her. We stay up till daylight talking and it's time for work. I'm dead tired, but happy.

We promise not to say anything to anyone until the first trimester, just in case. We'll see how long that really lasts (later I found out it didn't last long, but I'm just as guilty).

Fast forward to today...

We broke the news to our parents this weekend for their anniversaries (April 23) in the form of an anniversary card and baby booties with a picture of our first ultrasound taken a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow is our next ultrasound and El is closer to her 12 week mark. A little research revealed to me this past weekend that the baby is almost the size of chicken egg right now. Whoa!

Arms and legs should be in place and nails are starting to grow. Crazy how fast this baby is going to develop. Just a month ago it was no larger than a dime. I'll keep you posted of the results. Keep your fingers crossed...

3 comments:

XOsunnydaysXO said...

yayyyyyy!!!! cousins!!!!!

Luis said...

Congrats Lek and El! Me and Christine are soooo happy for you guys. I hope that 'stork' finds its way to our home as well this year :-)

Lek said...

Thanks! We've been so happy about it. Good luck to you guys, too!