Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Barcelona and Montserrat


DSCN9683
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
DAY 4

After only a couple hours of sleep and a good cry from El all night we got up to board the bus and check out the Gaudi Cathedral, the Sagrada Familia. Antonio Gaudi was one of the Spanish artists I got a minor in art history studying at SCAD so I was kind off stoked to check out his work, but that damn ring was on my mindd. During breakfast I got word that Pepe was already downstairs (7am!) and I left my food untouched to search on the bus once more. He had been unsuccessful in looking that morning and I was pretty much resigned that it was gone.

The trip led to a minor argument with El (somehow I was responsible for it happening) that kind took the wind out of our sails. I guess it showed on our faces. We got off once at our destination, but I was too upset to pay attention. After a brief restroom break Marte got the call from Pepe "He found it!" wedged between seats on a metal railing underneath. Yay! I RAN all the way back to the bus to retrieve it and give Pepe his reward of 100 Euros, which he refused. Everyone on the bus was also relieved to hear the good news .

No comments: