Tuesday, May 17, 2005

...And In With The New


IMG_0133
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
Welp it was time to retire our old trusty 1995 Ford Explorer Sport. El bought this as her own graduation gift and it's served us well. It's seen us move countless times hauling furniture to different homes and travelled near and far to see friends and family. From DC to Key West this baby kept on truckin'! But alas all good things must come to an end. The A/C died a few months ago, the brakes are shot, the engine cuts out every now and then while you're driving and stayed alive past 200,000 miles. That's a lot of drive time.

El wasn't too sad to see it go. Not after she found out I bought her an Acura MDX Touring Edition. In the color she wanted with ALL the features we both wanted. I got a fantastic deal from CarMatch Auto and Les Segal, a dealer who is in the same type of business as Cherilyn and her husband, Kevin.

Sorry Kevin and Cher! Thanks for trying to locate one for us! This was a deal I couldn't pass up.

I originally was about to buy a charcoal grey one that had almost the same features and luck had it that it was sold the day I went to take a gander. Nevertheless, Les found EXACTLY what I was looking for and $2000 under what I was willing to pay. Who says patience isn't a virtue?

Funny El has been extra nice to me lately. Hmmm...I wonder what that's about? Kidding. She works hard and she deserves it so I wanted to do something really exceptional for her. Wait a minute. Isn't it MY birthday this month???

2 comments:

XOsunnydaysXO said...

Nice car! Sorry we had so much trouble finding your car--I'm glad that you found another honest salesperson who found you a great price, though! Shweeet!!

Lek said...

Thanks for your help. It's pretty awesome. Yippee!