Monday, February 21, 2005

How Old Are you Again???


IMG_0002
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527.
Whilst I still have the ambition to do so I thought it only fair to AT LEAST show the new rims El bought me for my Valentine's Day gift.

Ever since I left SC and my previous incarnation I was addicted to car customization thanks to some friends from back in the day, Mark Montemayor and Jeremy Espiritu. I don't drop huge amounts of cash into my cars like I used to, although I still enjoy installing my own stuff. I don't "Pimp My Ride" with chrome and fat body kits and shit, but rather like to upgrade minor details to make our travel a little more interesting. I have to credit just about every cosmetic accessory to El who maintains my juvenile addiction.

I chose this style simply because it looked kinda stock, but not overly showy. It was between these and the gold 200 spoke Diamondwire rims with spinners.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Man!

Terrible color - I would have gone with the dark silver. Much better!! Good to see you got the top fixed. Have to watch out for all those punks out there. Cool Blog my man. I'll visit from time to time. Tell Ed he needs to lay off the sauce!!!

F-

Luis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Luis said...

What da?? No unpainted body kits with door handle spoilers? And no 3-inch fart cans either? I am so sadly dissappointed in your taste Lek... next time I see this bad boy, it better have some 19" dubs with spinners (hehe -- jk, I'm glad your ride is the way it is) -cheech

Anonymous said...

E,

I would put a big ass sticker on the back glass window that says.... "DONE TO PERFECTION!"
or I really like those NEON lights underneath the cars..

Just kidding lang!
Carl =)

Lek said...

Frankie Knuckles! C'mon man they didn't offer the graphite grey like yours when I was shopping. But mine has better system! Hey Cheech I haven't given up on the fart can yet... MUST... HAVE... MORE... POWER. Any suggestions on any bang for the buck upgrades? Yo Carl - I was thinking more like large chromed out vinyl stickers on the sides that said "Sweet & Low", "Down 2 Earth" or "Low Expectations". I haven't decided yet.