Thursday, March 15, 2012

About to Start Another Chapter

You know the old saying, "TIme flies when you're having fun?" Wise words. I'm stunned how fast these last few years have gone by in a blur. We've gone through alot and. After the kids were born I changed jobs three times and about to transition to yet another one (and as a career change kind of). We've moved to another state and built a new home. The kids have made new friends and seen new things. I watch as they outgrow their old clothes and the closet has gotten cluttered with old shoes that don't fit anymore. One has become a girly girl who loves princesses, unicorns and rainbows. She is as sweet as they come with a vivid imagination. The other is a headstrong little boy with a deep voice, but can melt you with his smile.

These past two years working from home has really allowed me to see these changes. Some are more subtle than others, but I don't think I missed anything. I'm grateful for that. I really love my children.

This year (because of Isa's late birthdate) they will be both starting school. Nicholas in preschool (he'll be four by August) and Isabella into kindergarten as a six-year-old. They seem excited about it and will be entering daycare very soon. It'll be good practice for them. I'm glad they'll be starting at the same time.

Like all brothers and sisters they quarrel, but it ends quickly. They're very close to each other. I don't remember me and my siblings constantly kissing and hugging each other. I like that they do. She's protective of him and actually takes care of him on occasion. She'll dress him, help him to the bathroom, straighten out his room when it's messy. Such a good sister, but I hope he doesn't rely on her too much as they grow older. They may be going to daycare as early as next week and me off to work again.

I know I'll miss them during the day. It'll be worse for me when they go to school. Consider it an early Empty Nest Syndrome. I've been attached to the hip to them the past two years and it'll feel weird that I go back to a regular job with regular hours and working in an office again. Bittersweet, right? They're growing up, but I'm glad I was there for their early years.

No comments: