Thursday, May 15, 2008

An Unexpected Visit.



Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
Got a call earlier in the week from a buddy who I hadn't seen in maybe 8-10 years, Ray. It seems he was coming to the East Coast on business and was hoping to relocate from Orange County with his wife. Wanting to explore the housing market here in Orlando I offered
up my help to take him around the different neighborhoods to get an idea of what was for sale.

Definitely cool to catch up with him. Basically the same guy, but a little more reserved than what I last remembered - nothing a beer and lunch at Orlando Ale House with Captain Jack's Buried Treasure couldn't loosen up ("Eat that crap and you'll be making your own buried treasure later...").

After lunch I took him out to Lake Nona to see the area and then Celebration. Of course, I had to show him the other side of the tracks where I lived in Hunters Creek area. After a quick dinner in Winter Park Village we headed out to Baldwin Park, which used to be the Naval Base where his bro and cousin were stationed back in the day. Isa did soo well during our long drive in the car. She was incredibly well behaved for being out for so long with no nap and a light lunch. She made me proud.

Armed with some info on the area he had to head back to Georgia, but not without a bounty of hugs and kisses from Isabella. I was shocked to see how much she bounded with Ray. Maybe it was his soft spoken approach - not too threatening and casual. I guess it was good practice for him, too, since he and his wife Jamie are expecting their first child in two months. Congrats again and hope plans work out for Orlando man!

No comments: