Sunday, September 09, 2007

Blast from the Past


Clarence
Originally uploaded by erickpineda527
So you know how sometimes a chance encounter from your past leads to something else? It just so happened a buddy from high school in the Philippines so many years ago bumped into my older brother at his brother's wedding in Vegas recently. Charles and my bro, Rick, were great friends years ago half a world away. All part of a larger, tight crew they maintained their friendship all these years. By osmosis I befriended Charles' younger brother, Clarence, as well. He and Rachel, my older sister, were classmates in middle and high school as well.

It just so happened that Clarence asked for Rachel's number from my bro and thus they reconnected. I guess they've been chatting for a couple of months now and Clarence even managed a visit a few weeks ago from Louisiana Tech University.

It was cool to chat with him again. Of course, after 20+ years a lot has changed, but there is still a little bit of the same dude I knew back then. He's coming back this weekend to see Rachel again. They're something of an item I suppose. Good for Rachel - and Clarence.

No comments: