Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Congratulations! It's A Happy Bouncing ___ !

Rock On
Last week was the next appointment for El's ultrasound to determine the sex of our new arrival (in theaters nationwide September 5th!). I'd been chomping at the bit for this for quite some time. We both agreed that Isa couldn't grow up an only child. She's a handful at 1 1/2 years old, but we were ready for another. Did I want a boy to even out our children and experience what it's like to have someone to really roughhouse with? Or did I want another little girl ( I really wanted a little girl first and foremost) because oddly enough I really enjoyed buying her things and dressing her up?

Hard call, hard call. The names we had decided on were Nicholas (Nico!) or Madeleine (Maddie!). Cute, right? El is in South Carolina right now tending to her mother who, unfortunately, had to have surgery (I hope you're feeling better - sorry I couldn't make it). I wanted to surprise her and bought wooden letters Like Isabella's to hang in the nursery and correspond to what we found out last Thursday. I look at it and am stunned how my life has changed for the better. I love my kids.

Looking back to my younger, wilder days I remember thinking I would probably never get married and have children ( I was a disaster waiting to happen to my parents I'm sure - mom, dad is that why I ALWAYS got the yucky colored clothes compared to Ricky's?). On the other end of the scope parenthood suits me. I don't miss boozing it up on the weekends. I don't miss traveling constantly for "fun". There's no part of me that feels I'm missing something. I really do enjoy hanging out with my family.

So now the million dollar question...what are we expecting? . Is it another little girl, Madeleine, who will inherit a closetful of really nice gear and make Isa an "ate"? Or is it a little boy that I can teach all sorts of cool stuff to and play rough with? The answer is...for now we're keeping it a secret for the sake of suspense until the day the baby is born! Haha!



Or is it the best of both worlds with twins?

2 comments:

ha1ku said...

Grr! Damn you guys, I was excited to find out...

XOsunnydaysXO said...

surprise! it's triplets!!